1. Clean your lens. Carefully clean it with a microfiber cloth.
2. Optimize Video Quality: Use the best video quality possible on your device.
3. Horizontal Orientation: Be sure to orient your phone or tablet horizontally.
4. Avoid Back Lighting: Have the light source more to the side of you or in front you.
6. Stabilize Your Device: If you can, use a tripod or mount the camera on a hard, stable surface. Alternatively, set the phone or tablet on a table between a few books to stabilize the camera.
7. Lock Focus and Exposure: Tapping on your phone’s LCD (on the point you want to focus on) will lock focus on Google Android devices, or hold your finger in place to lock focus on the Apple iPhone.
8. Focus on the Camera: Look into the camera lens rather than at yourself on the screen.
9. Get a Good Angle: Angle your camera straight at you or from above rather than from below.
10. Record clearer audio: If you have a Bluetooth microphone, that can make the audio in your video projects sound clearer.
11. Don't forget your options: In addition to using a phone or tablet, you could also use a computer, most of which come with some kind of video recording application, or you could use a third-party application on your computer like Zoom.
We acknowledge that in Milwaukee we live and work on traditional Potawatomi, Ho-Chunk, and Menominee homelands along the southwest shores of Michigami, part of North America’s largest system of freshwater lakes, where the Milwaukee, Menominee, and Kinnickinnic rivers meet and the people of Wisconsin’s sovereign Anishinaabe, Ho-Chunk, Menominee, Oneida, and Mohican nations remain present.
We further acknowledge the grave evil colonialism introduced to these lands through genocide as well as slavery, and also via racist and xenophobic beliefs, laws, and practices that continue to inflict harm upon Black, Brown, and Indigenous lives. We honor those who have lived—and do live, now—at these intersections of identity and experience, and are committed to the active dismantling of white supremacy.
720 E. Locust Street
Milwaukee, WI 53212
Phone: 414 263 5001
Hours: Tues–Fri | 11-8pm
Sat & Sun | 12–5 pm | Closed Mon
Contactless pick-up: Wed–Fri | 2–6 pm, Sat | 2–5 pm
Building Accessibility: Despite the age of our physical location, and attendant limitations to access, Woodland Pattern is committed to making its programs and facilities available for as many as possible. Please call for more information.
Events Accessibility: Woodland Pattern is in the process of obtaining captioning services for its online events and can provide ASL interpretation for live events. Please contact us with accommodation requests and questions.
© Woodland Pattern 2020